- Solid Waste
The Solid Waste Division of Public Works, funded entirely by user fees, is responsible for processing solid waste materials, which are then transferred to an out-of-county landfill, buried on site at the C & D landfill, or transferred to a recycling facility. A private contractor transfers the solid waste to a state permitted landfill on a daily basis.
May-October 31, 2023
- Please let personnel know you are using your "FREE" load.
Appliances are disposed of by a third party. Those with freon are separated and when the freon is properly evacuated, the appliances are transported for disposal. Vehicle batteries are separated and recycled. Brush / non-treated wood is separated and then burned in accordance with state regulations. Tires are separated and hauled to a monofill for recycling.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administrates the solid waste contract with private vendor
- Provides assistance to Lake Region Resources Conservation and Development
- Acts as the county representative to KDHE
- Provides personnel for the intake of transfer station and solid waste
- All loads must be tarped or a $10 fee will be charged
- Transfer Station
- Household trash
- PPE is REQUIRED while at the Miami Transfer Station. The Transfer Station will no longer be loaning this equipment out. You may bring in your own Hard Hat and Safety Vest or you may purchase at the scales for service.
- No Cash Accepted - Debit/Credit Card Only
- Solid Waste: Signs Post Dumping Areas
- Used tires additional fees
- Will not accept hazardous waste material and/or dead animals
- Freon Appliances additional fees
For a current fee schedule, click on solid waste/landfill tab at the left of this page
OpenGov ProcurementAttention to all Vendors interested in doing business with Miami County. Please register with our new procurement solution for publishing solicitations and receiving vendor responses that will go live on March 8th, 2023. Read on...