March 31, 2021 2:55 PM
Covid-19 Vaccine Update 03.31.2021
If you, or someone you know is homebound and unable to travel to receive the vaccine, we want to hear from you! Plans are currently underway to reach the transient populations as well as the homebound population. Please call us at 913-294-2431 and we will record your information and call back once vaccine becomes available to schedule a time for vaccination; or, you can email email@example.com with the information.
Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Vaccine Distribution Update
As of 03/29/2021:
• MCHD has received a total of 8,900 doses (first and second-doses, combined) of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine allocated from KDHE and community partners
• 33 first and second-dose clinics have been completed since January 2021, and 20 upcoming clinics are scheduled through May 2021. (MCHD staff are currently scheduling for 4/1/21 first-dose clinic) and we are currently vaccinating Phases 1-4 of the Kansas Vaccination Plan
• 26.7% of Kansans have been vaccinated thus far, with one dose
• MCHD has administered a total of 4,300 first-doses and 2,541 second-doses of the Moderna vaccine to the following age groups with corresponding percentages:
65+: approximately 51%
45-64: approximately 30%
25-44: approximately 16%
18-24: approximately 3%
• MCHD administered 17 doses of Janssen/ Johnson and Johnson vaccine to inmates and staff of Miami County Jail
• MCHD has reallocated 1,700 doses to Auburn, Vohs and Auten pharmacies to assist with mass vaccination efforts with Miami County schools, childcare providers, residential facilities, large organizations and individuals who qualify within the Kansas Vaccination Plan.
o Auburn, Vohs and Auten have administered a total of:
1,940 first doses of Moderna vaccine
824 second doses Moderna vaccine
135 first and second doses of Pfizer vaccine
598 Janssen/Johnson and Johnson one-dose vaccine
• The COVID-19 vaccine interest form is still active and new responses are being recorded daily
o Approximately 6,959 submissions have been collected as of 3/30/21; once recorded either via online or by telephone submission and additional vaccine appointments become available, MCHD staff are calling individuals to offer a vaccine appointment for a specific time/date/location for an upcoming clinic.
***Please note*** Do not call to see where you are at on "the list", if you submit an interest form via online submission, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation, please ensure the survey was submitted appropriately. If you have difficulty filling the online survey out, and/or do not have access to internet, please call Miami County Health Department: 913-294-2431 and we would be happy to assist you in filling out the interest form.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding COVID-19.