Attention to all Vendors interested in doing business with Miami County!
- Dear Valued Vendors! On February 22, 2023, the County of Miami transitioned to a new eProcurement solution (OpenGov) for publishing solicitations and receiving vendor responses. Register your account early to receive automatic email notifications for County's Bid/RFP opportunities. Registration is 100% free for vendors!
The procurement department has been established to administer the centralized procurement process on behalf of the unified government in accordance with county purchasing policies and procedures.
Miami County, Kansas, purchasing program is dedicated to the principles of competition and fairness, as well as ensuring that the County of Miami, Kansas, taxpayers receive the best for every expenditure. It is the intent of Miami County, Kansas, to promote an open, free market competition when soliciting bids and proposals for the purpose of public procurement. Submitted bids will be given fair and equal consideration and are uniformly solicited, evaluated, and awarded on a non-discriminatory basis.
Duties & Responsibilities / Mission Statement
Procurement is responsible for developing bid specifications jointly with unified government departments, obtaining bids through advertising and direct solicitation, establishing and monitoring price agreements and contracts, and working in collaboration with the Finance department to assign purchase orders.
The mission of the Miami County Procurement Department is to provide the most effective and efficient use of county funds, promoting maximum competition, saving taxpayer dollars, complying with legal and budgetary requirements while maintaining the public's trust, and fulfilling public policy objectives.
Miami County, Kansas, is in partnership with Public Purchase until March 7, 2023, a web-based eProcurement service for all our bid notifications.
EFFECTIVE FOR ALL BID OPPORTUNITIES AFTER FEBRUARY22, 2023:
The County has partnered with OpenGov and is excited to announce our transition from a paper-based bid solicitation process to a fully automated, web-based electronic bidding and vendor management system. Our new e-Procurement Portal will allow interested parties to do the following:
- Register to bid and receive notifications of future opportunities in the e-Procurement Portal by selecting Subscribe to create an account.
- Follow updates to existing solicitations by finding the solicitation and clicking the Follow button. This will allow all interested parties to receive amendments and addenda automatically.
- Submit questions and receive answers for open solicitations.
- Guide vendors through the process of responding electronically to RFPs, bids, etc. to ensure submissions have been accurately completed.
- Ultimately, be your one location for all bid opportunities issued by the Miami County, KS.
To get started, click here to sign up. You’ll receive an email to activate your account. For more information about how to register, please see our help file here.
THERE IS NO COST FOR VENDORS TO REGISTER WITH OpenGov.
You may also search for ARCHIVED bids on the county website. Click on the " Archive Bids/ County Website" tab to search for archived bids.
Notifications are not mailed out by the purchasing division, and Miami County does not maintain a supplier registration program outside of that offered by OpenGov as a free system and the county website.
Miami County places a local newspaper ad in the Miami County Republic, referencing when bids and RFPs are taking place.
Standard Bid or RFP documents can also be provided free of charge via email upon request.