Mobile Food Vendors

In many ways, food trucks and mobile concession stands operate much like a restaurant. As the business plan is crafted, it is important to account for the state's food regulations. There are specific requirements for food safety, working environment, and sales tax collection. You can learn more about those state regulations here. If you are trying to determine what the appropriate sales tax is for the location where you are serving, that information is available here.

Some tips for operating within Miami County.

  • You must be licensed by the State of Kansas and collect the appropriate sales tax.
  • Your parking location must be approved by the landowner.
  • Hillsdale State Park does not allow mobile units to operate on its property.
  • Within the unincorporated area, trucks or vendors must be parked on commercially zoned property appropriate for retail use.
  • Regulations for operating within the City of Louisburg are available here
  • Regulations for operating within the City of Spring Hill are available here